Block Party | After Dark
Korean Thanksgiving (Fall Block Party)at Crow Collection of Asian Art
Fri Sep 18 2015 6:00 pm — Midnight
Crow Collection of Asian Art
Chuseok, also known as Korean Thanksgiving Day, is a major holiday in Korea that celebrates family and community, and marks the beginning of the harvest season. Share in the festivities with traditional Korean food, dances, fashion, and activities.
- KOREAN DRUMMERS: Hansol Samulnori performing Korean Nong-ak(농악) Dance and Buk Dance
- DEMONSTRATION: Korean Tea Ceremony with Nicole O. Conrad
- DEMONSTRATION: Taekwondo with Yim’s Taekwondo Institute
- PERFORMANCE: Korean Folk Tales with Twice Upon a Time Storytellers
- PERFORMANCE: Traditional Korean Song and Dance with Mimi Shin
- PERFORMANCE: Korean Crossover Songs with Grace Baek
- Come experience the world of Korean cross-over songs performed by a classical cross-over soprano, Grace Baek. Miss Baek will be bringing back classical folk songs from years past with a modern interpretation while keeping tradition alive. The most famous of them is Arirang, a song dating back 600 years in the Joseon Dynasty and universally recognized as a national song among its people. The fusion of traditional Korean and Western musical instruments along with the pure, angelic voice of Miss Baek is a combo you don’t want to miss.
- ART ACTIVITY: Origami Hanbok
- ART ACTIVITY: Sotdae
- ART ACTIVITY: Taeguk Gift Box