Otsukimiat Klyde Warren Park • This event has passed
In partnership with the Japan-America Society of Dallas/Fort Worth, the Crow Collection of Asian Art celebrates the full autumn moon each year with an outdoor picnic, Japanese music, and haiku poetry. Although not commonly observed in modern-day Japan, the moon viewing tradition dates back to the Heian period (A.D. 794–1185), when the evening was marked with poetry and music by court aristocrats. The celebration later spread to warriors, townspeople, and farmers, and became a harvest festival.
- Rabbit Petting Zoo with The Bunny Burrow Rabbit Rescue
- Japanese inspired Art Activities including origami
- Live Musical Performances featuring the Dallas Asian American Youth Orchestra, Japanese Ladies Chorus and many more
- Calligraphy, Ikebana and Haiku Demonstrations
- Sky Gazing and Moon Activities with the Perot Museum of Nature and Science
- Delicious Japanese fusion Bento Boxes available from Savor Gastropub for $20
Check back for a full schedule!