The Crow Museum of Asian Art offers participatory tours that engage students with the arts and cultures of Asia
by encouraging awareness, connections, and contributions from multiple voices and perspectives. Our experienced Museum Educators design tours that are unique to each school group based on their age, curricular needs, and curiosities. We are committed to providing quality, in-depth experiences that engage with 2-3 works of art.
- Maximum group size depends on your tour type.
- Tours are approximately one hour in length and offered Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at 10:00, 11:00, and 12:00.
- Must be booked at least three weeks in advance.
- All tours (including Self-Guided) can only be reserved by submitting a form online and are not considered confirmed until you receive a confirmation form.
- Transit Scholarships are available to qualified Title 1 schools on a first come, first served basis. If you would like to apply for a Transit Scholarship, check the box on your reservation form to receive further application instructions.
- Unscheduled groups will only be accommodated if museum availability permits and will be offered a self-guided activity. Group size is limited to 60 and must maintain a 1:15 chaperone to student ratio.
- General inquiries can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art & Discovery (Maximum 60 students and lasts 60 minutes)
Interactive experiences that respond to the curiosity of each learner through creative conversation, intuitive insight, and close looking. Students may be introduced to various tools such as mindfulness practices, movements, storytelling, writing, and sketching to build and foster connections with Asian art and art history, the self, and others.
Art & Making (Maximum 30 students and lasts 90 minutes)
Combines hands-on art making experiences in our Pearl Art Studio with the Art and Discovery tour. Students will view and discuss a piece in our collection and create artwork inspired by the piece through material, concept, and play.
AP Art History (Maximum 45 students and lasts 90 minutes)
AP Art History tours connect works of art on view in the galleries with the AP image bank. Using interactive inquiry and conversation, these tours address the three big ideas presented in the AP Art History Curriculum Framework:
- Artists manipulate materials and ideas to create an aesthetic object, act, or event.
- Art making is shaped by tradition and change
- Interpretations of art are variable
Higher Education (Maximum 60 studies and last 60 minutes)
This tour encourages instructors to collaborate with a museum educator to develop an experience that meets specific learning desires and outcomes.
Group (Maximum 60 people and lasts 60 minutes)
This tour encourages group leaders to express the interests and curiosities of its members to create a meaningful tour experience.
Self-Guided (Maximum 60 students and lasts 60 minutes)
This tour offers flexible learning and access for your group. Use your own lesson plans or explore the exhibitions with a set of cards designed to guide you through engaging exercises with a work of art or object in each gallery. Self-Guided tours may be reserved Tuesday-Friday between 10:00 and 4:00 and are dependent on museum availability.
Please note that touring Asian art and culture may involve discussion of customs, religions, and philosophies. The Crow Museum of Asian Art does not promote any particular belief or religion.
The Crow Museum of Asian Art is supported in part by the City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs.